The traffic on the road is only getting worse. And we have been inactive!!
Would start by truly apologising for the inactivity. But we don’t intend to anymore. We are planning a revamp now. Nothing will get affected for the users and they can continue to use the site without a glitch!
Some data on the site usage for May 2008:
- We had 84 visitors who contributed to the 609 page views and almost all are new visitors to the site.
- 77% use IE and 20% use Firefox with 40% using 1024×768 screen resolution.
- Around 30% traffic is direct while 53% comes via search engines. The keywords being used have been “traffic violators”, “traffic violations”, “report traffic violations” etc. Maximum traffic to the site has been sent via facebook.
Now about some of the features we are thinking of implementing:
- Anonymous reporting of violations (still to be debated)
- Information on what happens to your reports when you submit them
- Provision for the owner to come back and say sorry
- Provision to handle commercial vehicles/ cabs
- Richer API set so that widgets can be built
- Reach out to the local news channels and get them to talk about the site
- Offences to be reported in some form of a visual graph?
- Press and Testimonials page
- Improve Page formatting
- Reactivate the SMS feature
Please feel free to comment here if you have any other feedback. We are eager to get them in practice and make this a more useful site.